Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Libby's Pledge

I would like to make Miller Creek a better place for me, my friends, my teachers, and everybody at this remarkable school. To my friends and school community, I pledge to throw away my litter and to remind my peers to do the same. Also, I pledge to not become involved in their own social problems if they don’t want me to be. Even though I will try very hard to stay cool and collected, sometimes my friends pull me into stupid fights. If this happens, I pledge to stay relaxed, and will try my very hardest to calm them down. I hope these pledges will help make Miller Creek a better place.
To my teachers and all of the staff at Miller Creek, I pledge to not talk out of turn during classes, and to try to keep my friends silent as well. I am completely aware that this is one of the biggest problems here at Miller Creek. In most of my classes, there is a certain group of people who are complete chatter-boxes. To add to that, they are very immature, and laugh at almost everything. I truly want to have the opportunity to learn without any annoying distractions.
Finally, to myself, I pledge to not be pulled into peer pressure. I really want to do well in school , and if all I worry about is looks and what other people think of me, I’m going to fail. I need to focus on my studies. I’m hoping that I won’t feel the need to be “perfect” just for other kids. I hope all of these pledges will help improve all aspects of MIller Creek, and my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Comments from Libby's Dad:
Libby's pledges demonstre a mature attitude toward her school environment. She understands just how impotant it is to have an orderly classrooom without "chatterboxes" consuming the air while others are gasping for knowledge.
Libby's pledge to not follow the crowd and not to cave in to peer pressure is awesome. "Libby be yourself and help others, then you will have success."