Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I Pledge... by Brian Belgarde

I look forward to coming to Miller Creek everyday. This is because we have so many great activities. These activities are what make school fun. Still there are those few people that have to ruin it for everyone.
To my school and community I pledge to donate my time and any object I possess to a greater cause. Everyday in homeroom we read the bulletin, and everyday there is some type of charity to donate to. I want to be the person whom is recognized as the most caring. I will do anything to help my community and or world for that matter. When all my friends and peers grow-up and look at our 2007 yearbook, I want them to say,"Oh yeah, Brian was that kid who cared so much about our community.
To my teachers and staff I pledge to be positive and not disrupt class. Almost once-a-week I feel like just not doing my homework. As my teachers know I pull past that feeling and just do it. I'm sure many of my classmates go through the same thing, and I would like to help them.
About everyday someone disrupts one of my classes. After six months of this, it really gets old. I wouldn't like to have to live with knowing I took learning time away from lots of kids. That is why I pledge to stop the negative and disruptive classes I experience almost everyday.
To myself I pledge to always do my best. This sounds really easy, but think again. After school I do homework, play in my basketball game, and then go to another basketball practice. At our practice we run suicides (sprints.) Since I'm so tired by then I usually just jog them. I am aware that this defeats the purpose, but I usually don't care. Next time I'll remember this essay and just sprint. As well as the basketball court, the classroom is important too. I plan to do my best on any assignment given. If I get an "F" on an assignment, but I knew I tried my hardest I won't care. This is because I knew I gave all my effort and no less.
Overall our school is a great place, with the exceptions of some. Before I leave Miller Creek, I want it to just be a great place with the exception of none. This will not be an easy task, but it is one I will strive to work for.

2 comments:

Audric said...

Real good essay. thought it was real good.

Anonymous said...

I liked your thoughts, Brian, particularly those about wanting to be remembered as a caring person. I do hope you'll keep your eyes and ears open to the school bulletin and other things for ideas about how to be a good friend, community member and world citizen.