Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hannah Personal Pledge Goals

At Miller Creek Middle School, it takes lots of effort to make our school a positive community. I believe that helping my peers with academic problems is one way to better the school. In addition, I am always glad to help my friends with homework. For my school community, I pick up litter that is not mine, give charity, and come to learn every day. In the future, my pledge is to encourage kids to behave and do their work. It is up to me and other good students to stop kids from misbehaving and make them focus on school. Also, I pledge to prevent students from talking and wasting valuable time in class. This will result in less lectures and homework from teachers. I will use all my effort to improve my peers' behavior and strengthen our school community.
I definitely try to help the teachers and staff of Miller Creek. For example, I listen quietly to their directions and obey their rules. Additionally, I participate in most class discussions and state my opinions clearly. However, I still have some goals that I would like to achieve. To the teachers and staff of Miller Creek, I pledge to make students more serious about education and urge them to finish activities. I will make sure kids have a good attitude about learning, and will continue to offer assistance with assignments. Instead of telling people the answer, I will give them useful information or clues to help them figure it out. My support for the teachers and staff will hopefully benefit our community.
To change Miller Creek Middle School in a positive way, I will strive to accomplish my goals. One goal is to enjoy myself more at school. There are many distractions that are keeping me from succeeding in this goal. For instance, other adolescents socialize during class, which makes me lose my focus on school activities. Therefore, socializing is fun for me, but learning with interruptions is not. Another one of my goals is to enlarge my circle of friends. I often hang out with the same girls outside of school. It would be nice if I reached out to different girls and got together with them once in a while. This could make all of us happier and motivate us to meet new people. I will try hard to keep Miller Creek Middle School a great learning environment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hannah,

Your essay was well crafted and thoughtful. I especially like your ideas about being a good role model for others, your willingness to help with assignments and homework, and your support for teachers by focusing in class. Your writing is organized and clear, and your commitment to Miller Creek is inspirational! Love, Mom