Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Maria's Pledges

February 28, 2007
I Pledge

Schools all over the world have students drop out and slack. Although Miller Creek is a great school there are people who don't work hard or take school seriously. it's so sad to see kids my age acting like they are eighteen or six! Peer pressure is becoming a bigger issue every year as fitting in becomes peoples main focus. I pledge to my friends and peers that i won't be persuaded to do things that are bad for me or my school work.

With global warming becoming a bigger issue, it is important to clean up after ourselves. If we leave a huge mess, not only will it affect our school, but our earth too. Do you remember a time when you have said "I'm too lazy to walk five steps to the trash?" I promise to make our environment a better place for everyone.

During class, I often hear the teachers getting frustrated at students for talking. Over the past few weeks, I have started realizing how stressful this must be for teachers. As i look around, I see students being rude to all the staff members. Nobody does anything about it. I pledge that i will make a difference and do my best to change that.

We are all starting to realize the harsh truth that it takes hard work and effort to succeed. As for myself, I wish I had realized it sooner, because I have created a pile of things I have to do now. I'm glad that I have started working harder because it will benefit the rest of my life. I promise to always try my best in my life.

By,
Maria Newman



4 comments:

tomas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Audric said...

nice essay Maria! was good.

Maria Newman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I thought your pledges were very sincere and clearly written. I am impressed! There are a few grammar items that need attention -- capitalizations (e.g., "I"), apostrophes missing (e.g., peoples'), and a few word changes (e.g., slack "off")that will help polish up the final product.