Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ariana Pahlavan's Pledge

Ariana Pahlavan
2/28/07
2-3 period

My Personal Pledge Goals

To my peers and school community, I pledge to recycle more and not litter. The consequence of littering is that we might have to have a lunch lock down. Then we won't be able to spend time with our friends. I also promise to never interrupt class time and not take away from anybodies learning experience. I commit to treat my peers with respect and I will not be apart of cliques. Cliques can hurt people's feelings and I don't want to participate in them.

To the teachers and staff of Miller Creek, I assure you that I will participate more in class discussions. I will express my opinion on the subject. I am going to work on forming better study habits too. I will not get relaxed when I get a good grade and then not study well for the next test. I also promise to follow school rules because I know that they are only for my safety. I will put my best effort into everything that I do so that I can maintain good grades and achieve anything that I put my mind to.

To myself, I pledge not to be affected by peer pressure. I will not change who I am because of someone elses opinion about me. I will keep up my hard work and pay attention in class. I also vow not to let social issues interfere with my academics. I won't get distracted during class and I will continue to do my best. These are all life skills that I have, and would like to have. If everyone had these characteristics, we would have a better school.

3 comments:

Audric said...

pretty good ideas and sentence structure. nice and enjoyable to read essay.

Ariana said...

Ariana,
Your writing skills continue to improve everyday. The flow of your paragraphs is logical and smooth, and very easy to read. I am sure many will benefit from your pledge to help keep the school clean, and you yourself will benefit the most for promising to work hard and maintain good grades. Great job!
Love, Mom

Maria Newman said...

Great job Ariana!!! Every time I read one of you essays it makes me wish it wouldn't end.
A+
Maria