Thursday, March 1, 2007

Alan's Pledge essay

Alan W. 2/28/07

To my peers and community I pledge to not get in trouble because last year I was a good student. I stayed on top of the homework and was making good choices. This year I have been doing the total opposite, I have been getting in trouble and hanging out with the wrong people. The people that I was hanging out with were the trouble makers and this year I have been sucked in to there evil plan to destroy the school. Or at least that is what I think what has happened. I can still hang out with the people but just not in school. Although i have been trying to stay away from them its has been working a little bit but most of the time I have a lot of classes with them and they always talk to me and get me into trouble.
I would also like to get better grades in school. I was to worried about my social life than my academic life. Even though I was on fire with the social life I was ice cold with the academic. I have had teachers contact home and tell my mom about how I was hanging out with the wrong people and how I should try harder to bring my grades up. When I came home one day and found my mom furious it had an impact on me. It had worried me because I did not want to come home everyday finding my mom furious and having to deal with that everyday because of some stupid thing I did at school.
To the teachers and staff at Miller Creek I pledge to participate in class because usually I just kinda sit there and don't talk. I will try hard to participate in group assignments as well as independent assignments because if i talk to people around me then i will be able to learn more and argue and find the correct answer instead of risking getting the wrong answer. I will also do what the teacher tells me to do and listen to the teacher because have the time i am getting distracted by certain people and i end up doing bad on the assignment.
I have realized that all the new friends I made are just my friends because when they get in trouble I get in trouble to and then they don't get all the blame. It is a dumb idea to be someones friend so it wont be their fault. They were just using me. And I don't like to be treated that way. It just feels wrong. I am going to change my friends and change my whole attitude in school and turn everything around.
To myself I pledge to avoid problems at home because whenever there is a problem at home I always come to school mad and then I go off easily at school and then my friends don't want to be around me and I end up feeling like a jerk. So as a person at Miller Creek I think that I can help my community and be able to help others with theirs. If I can change then I will get friends to change and then that school will become a better place.

1 comment:

Audric said...

pretty good essay. it was enjoyable to read